I think that meatloaf is one of the most underappreciated foods. Hearty and flavorful, meatloaf is such a comfort food for me. And as Fall has snuck up on us, I’ve been craving it more.
Additionally, I had just been in Fredericksburg, Texas last month and visited the Peach Haus, which sells Fischer & Wieser Specialty Foods. I had purchased the Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce, one of their most famous products and thought I'd use it as a finishing glaze on the meatloaf...that I'd also wrapped in bacon.
If you couldn't tell, I was already a fan of meatloaf, but with the extra bacon and raspberry chipotle sauce on the outside, and melted cheese in the inside, it was pure magic.
Magic meatloaf = seasoned ground turkey stuffed with cheese, wrapped with bacon + finished with the Fischer + Weiser Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
Protein: turkey (or beef) Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 60 minutes
INGREDIENTS (5+): ground turkey or beef (1 lb)
breadcrumbs (3/4 c)
seasoning, to taste (I prefer Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb)
shredded cheese (or any other filling you desire)
finishing glaze/sauce (optional, too)
-Preheat the grill to 375F - In a mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, egg, breadcrumb and seasoning
- Add breadcrumb until the meat is no longer sticky
(you may need more than 3/4 cup) - Form the meat into a log shape, and then roll out on a piece of wax or parchment paper
- Sprinkle the meat with shredded cheese, or any seasoning/filling you desire - Roll the sheet of meat up and seal the sides to prevent loss during cooking
- Wrap the meat with bacon slices - feel free to weave the bacon as you'd like, or keep it simple
- Transfer the completed meatloaf to a baking sheet and put on the grill to cook ~45 minutes
- Remove the meatloaf and brush with the finishing glaze
- Increase the grill temperature to 450 F to complete the cooking - this helped the bacon crisp up and the glaze to caramelize
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 160F for beef or 165F for turkey
- Dig in!
Magic meatloaf served with mashed potatoes, green peas + Texas wine from Wilmeth-Hart